Maternity clothing

I m thinking of ordering maternity clothings but I m not sure my size. My size before getting pregnant was US6/UK10. Assuming I will gain 9-11kg (average weight gain) throughout the pregnancy, do I order 1 size bigger US 8/UK12 or 2 size bigger (US10/UK14)? I m currently in my early 2nd trimester (gainining 3kg). I can still fit into my usual clothing but waistline is really tight now and likely need new clothing soon 🥹 #advicepls

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I’m a Shein VIP member (ALL my clothes are from there LOL). What I can suggest is: 1) search for clothes under ‘Maternity’, and try to buy those type of dresses that are loose around the bump area, but can also be worn after baby is born. Stick to your size, and check info on the item (they have a indicator to show how stretchy a piece of clothing is). 2) use the measurement info and read the reviews to see if you should size up or down 3) also buy denim shorts/jeans with the maternity band that you can pair with loose tops - a look you can pull both while pregnant and not. 4) at checkout, be sure to check for vouchers that can considerably reduce the price My last haul, I paid $74 for 10 items. #score

Read more
2y ago

Thanks for the tips!

Think it’s time to share my experience ordering from SHEIN as I don’t want to spend too much. One size bigger but it still looks big on me (wk 16 now), especially shoulder / bust area. If you order SHEIN u can try ordering same size. The maternity wear allows tummy part to expand. 🤗 best is to order 1 piece to try out 😄

Read more

1 size bigger may fit during 6-7 months and no longer fit, 2 sizes bigger may look super baggy at this stage but perfect at 8-9 months as your baby has rapid growth in size. you might have to order both sizes? 😅