Pre school

May i know whats the difference between kindergarden 4hrs and fullday childcare K1?? K1 what is the curriuculum?? What to bring and take note?? What food usually they provide in childcare?? Household $7000 with 6 people. I am a single mother. How much will the fees cost for both childcare and kindergarden??

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Regardless of Kindergarten or Child Care, each school will have their own unique curriculum. main differences: - child care centres are entitled to around 6 days of closure days in a year. kindergartens have MOE school holiday breaks. - child care centres have different programmes for children (flexi care, half day, full day and some, student care); kindergarten programmes, depending the school, can be 3 or 4hr long per day. - child care centres operate on Saturdays up to 2pm; kindergartens do not. - child care centres include routine care such as breakfast, lunch and tea, shower and nap whereas kindergartens will probably provide light snacks in their short programme. - child care centres can accept children from 18mths to 6 years whereas kindergartens provide programmes for children from 3 or 4 to 6years. --- - what to bring: school should inform you - food provided: school should provide you with the menu (esp child care) - fees: depends on the school and your government subsidy (can find out via ECDA website to calculate estimate subsidy).

Read more

4 hrs kindergarten have lessons, playtime and break. Sometimes they will have playtime at the playground or go out for a walk with their teachers. They also have field trips depends go where like Zoo, etc. This 1 have to pay yourself. Fees is much cheaper (For Sparkletots) than childcare of course. Full day childcare is pretty much the same also but includes nap time which kindergarten does not have.

Read more

I believe they have lessons during the 4-hr kindergarten (8am to 12nn) followed by nap/play time after which is considered as full day childcare. But you will have to check with the preschool on their curriculum, food provided and the fees.

i also need info