Elective csect should be in which week? Share with me your experience.

Hi I am in week 36. Have not let the doc know that I want an elective csect for my delivery as on previous check up last week doc told me still early to decide on anything. My next apptmt will be next week and will be my week 37. Can you share with me when did you tell your gynae or doc about it and which week you went for your elective csect? Like a week before due date is it? Please share with me your experience. Many plenty thanks. #firstbaby #1stimemom #pregnancy #advicepls

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

My Obgyn scheduled my CS at 38 weeks since she said it is the best time in case we miscalculated the age and baby turns out a week younger, she still would be fullterm. However, my NST at 37 weeks was non-reassuring hence I had an emergency CS.

4y ago

Hi. Thank you for your reply. NST? Sorry may I know what it means? Oh dear. I hope you recover soon and rest well ya.

VIP Member

You can let your OBGYN know your preference and he/she might give you the possible dates, based on the baby's growth and their availability. I had my scheduled C sect due to some complications, on 39 weeks+4 days. All the best 👍

4y ago

Hi. Thank you for your reply. Okay noted with many thanks ya. Will definitely let gynae know on my next checkup. Thank you dear. Good day to you. :)