Just ranting - Strong Food Aversion continues at week 13

I have strong food aversion towards everything (esp meat, egg and vege) since week 6, I could only stomache some plain bread, pasta, crackers, some tofu and limited amount of fish/prawns. The sight of raw things in supermarkets drives me nauseous, dizzy and I would start dry heaving. Just scrolling at foodpanda/grab makes me gag as well. Today I brokedown before dinner because I couldn't stand not being able to eat anything anymore, its also the guilt of not being able to eat enough nutrients for baby. Forced myself to eat and vomitted them out.. Are there any mommies out there suffering the same as me? Feeling so alone in this journey :'(

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Don’t be discouraged! A lot told me I would feel better at week 13 too cause it’s the start of second trimester. But I actually only felt better at week 15! It will be better! Hang in there!

1y ago

Thank you very much for your reply and encouragement 😊 Same here! so many people say 2nd tri is the honeymoon period. It indeed is! My MS left all of a sudden around week 15/16 and my appetite is back 💯 again.