I have read that vsoy multigrain is a milk booster for many mummies. Can I know how much you drink per day?

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Many mothers do drink soymilk as a means to boost their supply. There is no harm in trying. The only thing to note is that soy may cause phlegm in babies and it also contains phyto estrogens, which may affect hormonal levels. It is best that you start with a small amount first and monitor to see if your baby has any reaction to it. (mentioned in this article: http://sg.theasianparent.com/breastfeeding-diet-faq/) Starting with one serving of 200ml would probably be good. Some other food-related ways to boost supply recommended by most include: - drinking more water - having oatmeal as part of your daily diet - taking fennel and fenugreek supplements - red dates and longan tea - having a well balanced diet with good quality protein and god amount of carbohydrate (mothers who are breastfeeding typically needs an additional 300-500 calories) - green papaya and fish soup Everyone is different. Hence it may take some trial and error to find a milk booster suitable for you.

Read more

According to it's website, V-Soy Mutigrain's ingredients include brown rice, black sesame, barley and malt extract -- all of which are galactagogues and believed to increase milk supply. Thus I suppose it is good to drink when lactating. As with everything, best to drink in moderation -- maybe drink it to supplement your meals e.g. three times a day :)

Read more

thanks