Newborn reflux

I have a newborn keep having reflux when she sleeps. She will suddenly cough badly or burp like gonna vomit during her sleeps. Is it normal?

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

1:keeping a log of your baby’s feeding times, as well as periods of discomfort. This will help you cross-reference when reflux symptoms appear in comparison with when baby ate last, and that may help you see patterns that you can address. 2:Holding or sitting your baby slightly upright after feedings, for 20 or 30 minutes. You don’t want to hold your baby completely upright, but rather, you want your baby to rest at a reclined angle (think 30 or 45 degrees) until the formula or breastmilk she just drank is digested. If you lay her down flat right after a feeding, there’s a good chance that much of that meal will come right back up. 3: Comfort your baby often, but try to begin weaning away from sleep associations as your baby grows

Read more
7y ago

Welcome. Sometime is might be coilc baby. Is normal . It take times to be alright. Last time my son around 3mths also like this.

Super Mum

My baby does that too! She will always burp during her sleep and will wake herself up during her own burping. I did whatever I could but nothing really helps.. I asked my PD and PD said it's normal.

Try feeding your baby at a 45 degree angle.

7y ago

Yes we did

did you burp her after each feed?

7y ago

Yes we did. Her reflux happens in the middle of her sleep.

VIP Member

Yes. it is totally normal