I am 6wks pregnant. My first gynae appt is this week at KKH.

I have gotten a referral from polyclinic to KKH. Now after reading reviews online and hearing from my sister's experience at SGH, I feel like I should have chosen SGH. Does anyone know if I can change my appt to SGH later? #advicepls #firstpregnancy

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

it's really your own decision. I had my check ups and gave birth in KKH. I started as subsidised pt and towards the end of pregnancy I change to private. throughout my follow ups there the nurses and Dr were amazing. few weeks after birth I was diagnosed with PPD. I did my follow up KKH Halifax and they were great too.

Read more
9mo ago

Couldnt agree more. I started as sub and changed to private, both sub and private the nurses and gynaes were all nothing but great

Can always change. Just need to go poly again and get referral to SGH. Maybe you can just go the first kkh appt to confirm your pregnancy, edd and have the dating scan. Afterwhich you go poly again to get referral to sgh.

I'm 18 weeks and with KKH. what reviews did you hear and read that made you want to go for SGH? you can change to any other hospitals anytime before you plan your delivery (which I think is sometime around 30weeks).