Urine or amniotic fluid leak?

I have been coughing very hard and badly since one week ago. Im on antibiotics and cough syrup ease my symptoms. However i realised I have been leaking out something when i cough too hard. Im not sure is it my amniotic fluid or urine. I can't differentiate neither #firsttimemom #advicepls because my pee is almost clear color (drank too much water) Im quite worried as it has been ongoing since day one. I'm currently 18weeks pregnant and hoping to hear from some mommies with same experience. #FTM #firstbaby

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Urgh sameee i think its the season where everybody is sneezing and coughing. Ive been coughing so bad woth phlegm for few days and i believe its just discharge or urine. As i heard if it’s amniotic fluid, itll be a slight tint of pinkish water.

It’s a common pregnancy symptom to leak urine while coughing or sneezing too hard. I started leaking pee when I was 16-17 weeks pregnant. But if ur worried and unsure if it’s amniotic fluids, it’s best to go check with gynae.

better highlight to your gynae, heard a similar case before & unknowingly leads to something regretable in the end. trust your instinct and tell gynae about it, they can check the amniotic fluid level.

This happened commonly when you have cough. Hence if you are worried, you can consult dr and advice to check on fluid ml if you cannot differentiate between urine or the fluid.

Do consult your gynae if you’re worried! But I started leaking pee around week 16 onwards every time I cough or sneeze too hard. It can definitely happen.