Baby sleep through the night

I have a 2.5 months baby who sleep at 10pm all the way till 5-6am, sometime even longer unless she is cry awake to change diaper. Is this normal? I am worry if i need to wake my baby up for milk as i am not too sure if she are hungry? #1stimemom

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hey! It’s very normal! In fact, you are fortunate that baby can sleep that long so that you can have a break too. My PD told me that it’s perfectly fine to let baby sleep and not wake baby up. He said baby will naturally wake up to cry for milk when they are hungry. But of course, subject to the fact that your baby is healthy and doing well. My LO at 5 weeks also sleeps close to 5 hours for the first stretch at night. So not to worry. (:

Read more

Normal! My son is 2.5 months too and he sleeps ard tt time. He cluster feeds frm ard 5-10pm, perhaps to fill himself up for the long sleep. As long as your child has enough wet diapers and is gaining well, just follow her cues and feed on demand.

VIP Member

usually I will still try to dream feed before I going to bed at around 11plus. my baby sleep through the night from 3months too. if no last feed my baby will wake around 3-4am for feeding.

VIP Member

Mine usually if feed around 8-9 she will wakeup or i will try feed her at 11pm-12am then sleep until 5-6am. so i think its okay altho doctor or nurse recommend every 4hrs feeds.

Super Mum

That’s perfectly normal. Some baby sleep through the night. If the diaper output is ok that’s fine but if not you may wanna consider dream feeding?

TapFluencer

mummy you're very lucky to have baby sleeping through so young. just follow baby cue.