Cervical cerclage(hoping for some ans)

Hi all. I had a preterm baby at 32.3 few years back. She is 3.5 years old now. Im preg with my 2nd now. Due to the preemie history, kkh checked my cervical length at 15 weeks, it was 3.4cm which was good. But when i was about 21 weeks, it was measuring only 1.5cm. They offered me the cervical cerclage or progesterone through vaginal insert. I decided to take the progesterone but after 2 weeks when they scanned it was only 7mm so the meds obviously didnt work. I was 23.4 weeks so i have to decide on the cerclage as it cant be done after 24 weeks. and i had no choice but to do the cervical cerclage. Because i wanted to do everything i can for the lil one. I have no history of miscarriages. When i was 7mm, my cervix isnt dialated at all too. Dr mentioned its tightly closed and thats the good news. There was slight funneling. Im 25 weeks now. I have an appt at 26 plus weeks. So far it seems okay. I wasnt really adviced for bed rest but i do as much as i can. Anyone did cervical cerclage like mine? Any idea how long you managed to hold the baby? Thank you. Hoping for some answers.

1 Reply
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hi , i think its best u bedrest...... and not do much movement and heavy stuffs...... hope u and baby will do just fine...... just to check with you how was the cervical cerclage done... its a surgery or a procedure... is there a local anastesia implemented... is there any pain?

9mo ago

hi. it was done under spinal anatesia.they mentioned if it doesnt work then they will do a full anatesia but not recommended as its not too safe for baby. the spinal one worked for me. cant feel anything during the procedure. after a few hours once the anatesia wean off, i could feel burning sensation awhile and then nothing.