In laws - Not allowing to visit baby immediately once born

I will be giving birth this month (July 2022) and im gg to be a FTM. I am an introvert and im not very good at adapting to change and esp becoming a new mom so i think i will need time to adjust and just find myself, collect my emotions & thoughts etc. What do you guys think about me not allowing MIL to immediately come and visit me & baby? Is it wrong? I have an ok-ok rs with her. (she has only been nicer to me bcs im pregnant, we didnt rlly have a good past). Am i being selfish or evil? This will be her first grandchild btw. My parents think that its not right. #firstbaby #pleasehelp

11 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

it sound like you wasn’t in that good relationship with your MIL in e past.. Just do what make you feel e best.. You need to be in “chill mind” and not stress especially u will definitely very tired after delivery! Don’t care about what your parents or whoever going to say but first, communicate with your husband and let him know your concerns/worries before u reject letting your MIL to come.. For my case, no matter how we invite my MIL, she just don’t want to come because my first born is a girl! She even treated me like known stranger when I was preg.. So now I completely ignored her and let her taste it back and refused to let my girl go near her since she so bias! Be strong mummy to be! Relax and enjoy this special moment!

Read more