In laws - Not allowing to visit baby immediately once born

I will be giving birth this month (July 2022) and im gg to be a FTM. I am an introvert and im not very good at adapting to change and esp becoming a new mom so i think i will need time to adjust and just find myself, collect my emotions & thoughts etc. What do you guys think about me not allowing MIL to immediately come and visit me & baby? Is it wrong? I have an ok-ok rs with her. (she has only been nicer to me bcs im pregnant, we didnt rlly have a good past). Am i being selfish or evil? This will be her first grandchild btw. My parents think that its not right. #firstbaby #pleasehelp

11 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

if u are staying with ur parents and not allowing ur in laws to visit, thn yes it is wrong. but if u are staying alone, not allowing anyone (ur side, inlaws, friends or cousins) to visit for a time being, thn yes it is ok. it may sound harsh or rude, but remember this is a big change. ur mental wellness, health n well being is more important. if u can manage and has covered everything during ur Confinement period, it is fine to tell them to visit after ur confinement, explain so they understand. take things slowly.

Read more
2y ago

I understand your pov. But 2-3 days is too much to ask for after giving birth? Understand her excitement but an extra 2-3 days wont do much harm am i right? And yes im staying with my parents.