Maid off day

Hi can I get some advice on what are the dos and donts of maid off day. My maid has agreed to the timing of 10am-8pm on her off day and also agreed to do some light duties minimally to wash the dishes before she leaves and come back. Today, she “changed her mind” and send me a text that I need to pay her if I expect her to work on her off day, after I asked her to wash the dishes on her off day. Who is right or wrong? What to do to reconcile and make my maid happy as I have 2 kids under 2 and I don’t want her to take it out on my Kids? #Firsttimemaidemployer

12 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Personally I don’t ask the helper to do any chores on the off day, whether she agreed or not. This is cos I operate on the basis that I would not like to be asked to reply to work emails (which if I were asked I would of course say ok to) on my non-working days. If I were you, I would tell her that she had agreed. But now that she doesn’t want to, u are prepared to let this slide given that it is her off day. I will keep the conversation simple and end this issue after.

Read more