Sharing a Review about My Gyne Dr. Tan Kai Lit

I gave birth last May 28 via CSection, and would like to rave about my experience; my husband and were so happy because in God's good graces we found the best OB we could ever asked for, Dr. Tan Kai Lit of Thomson Medical. It's my third baby but my first time to give birth here in SG. I've always been a high risk case because of previous premature deliveries. My first born was only 36 weeks and he unfortunately passed away due to complications. My second boy was born at 32 weeks due to premature labor. When we found out that I'm pregnant for the third time, we were so excited yet nervous because of my pregnancy issues before. I asked my GP, Dr. Shanty, if she knows an OB who is great at handling high risk pregnancies, Dr. Tan KL was firsr on her list. And so we went. Dr. Tan KL will always greet you with a big hello during consultations. He scans the baby everytime and will even give a picture as a keepsake. He'll calmly answer every question and explain as thorough as he can. When I got a high risk OSCAR result, I told him that I don't want further tests such as NIPT and the like because I will keep the baby no matter what, Dr. Tan respected my decision right away. He always praises and says glory to God everytime i reach a milestone or a good result. I love this about him. When I reached my 33rd week, I was warded because of frequent contractions and my BP has always been at the higher side but because of Dr. Tan's decisiveness, we were able to dodge a premature delivery and was able to reach the 37th week! My husband and I were ecstatic because this was the first time we delivered a term baby, no health issues at all. Once seemed impossible to us is now our reality. The birth was so smooth and my husband was allowed to stay at by my side. The operation took a little bit longer than usual because doctor also went an extra mile and repositioned my bladder. We always thank him for the support and knowledge but he'll say he's just the pilot and will credit everything to God. My CS wound healed beautifully. He has a great stitching skills and at 1 month post partum, I can barely see a scar. Dr. Tan is proactive and always thinks two steps ahead of every situation. I would highly recommend him if your looking for an OB. I also love his two clinic nurses, Nurse Rose and Nurse Gladys. Nurse Rose is always on point and very dedicated to what she does. Nurse Gladys is very amicable and caring. Although they are always masked, I can see them smiling behind it everytime they greet patients. Both nurses are kind and accommodating and eventhough I am a foreigner they made me feel comfortable every visit. So much love fo this team! You'll never go wrong with KL Tan Clinic and Surgery for Women.

1 Reply
 profile icon
Write a reply

Thank you for sharing