Finally pregnant after trying for more than 3 years!

Hello, I just found out I’m pregnant. The clear blue test kit stated 1 to 2 so I think I’m around 4 weeks pregnant now. I understand to go public route (subsidised), we should book an appt with any polyclinic for referral letter to the hospital. Does the polyclinic do any blood test to check HCG? I also gathered that at this stage, there’s nothing much I can do but wait and hope baby sticks. How to ease this anxious mind? 🥺 #adviceplease #FTM

11 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Yup I went through this subsidised route via Polyclinic. Got referral to KKH. They do urine test and then will write a letter to refer you to a Govt hospital of your choice. There’s nothing much you can do while waiting for your first gynae appointment called by the hospital. You can in the meantime, learn to take extra care of yourself and the baby in you. Avoid cold foods and fizzy drinks

Read more

Thank you for all your advises. I managed to go to polyclinic today because I was having fever. I decided to go to NUH, was given an appointment within a few hours but a month later. After leaving the polyclinic, I started having spotting. I am still observing the situation but I might go to A&E in a bit. The flow is getting heavier. Looks like I am about to start my period….

Read more

Congratulations! I went for polyclinic subsidized and went for KKH..so far so good! didn't had urine test in polyclinic..they trust the pregnancy kit as they won't go wrong as the doc said! urine test will be done in hospital for each visit..take care and enjoy the journey!💪

congrats! for me, as i had a chem preg before, for peace of mind, i did went to get support medicine from private gynae and did a ultra scan check at week 4/5 before deciding to go private/subsidized route. Usually public route first scan is scheduled at week 7-8.

yay. buy folic acid, take care of urself. i went polyclinic to get a referral for SGH obgyn. just ask me last menses date, didn't go for urine test.. my first appt was last week. so far so good

Congrats!! I think it’ll be good to start on the multivitamins Obimin, and also Folic Acid 5mg! Both available OTC at Watsons or Guardian

Start taking folic acid and pre-natal supplements now! Have enough rest, eat well and don’t over exert your body.

if u have chas card, u can go to any chas partner clinic for referral letter too. it will be under subsidized too

Congratulations! Take good care of yourself 💪🏻

TapFluencer

congrats! 🤗