I find it very hard to give my 6-month old daughter with Iron supplement that her pedia recommended. I know its taste is really bad and I'm just so afraid that this might lead her not allowing me to feed her any other meds anymore (vit C, multivitamis) which she also needs. Should I stop giving it? I'm exclusively breastfeeding her since birth.

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

For babies who are exclusively breastfed, doctors recommend waiting until a baby is about 6 months old. But some infants may be ready sooner. Maybe instead of the iron supplement, you can try with a single-grain, iron-fortified cereal for babies? Start with one or two tablespoons of cereal mixed with formula to achieve the right consistency. Feed your baby with a small baby spoon, and never add cereal to a baby's bottle unless your doctor instructs you to do so. Solid foods like cereal should be fed after a nursing session, not before. That way, your baby fills up on breast milk, which should be your baby's main source of nutrition until age 1.

Read more
VIP Member

Hi Idza! Thank you so much for the inputs! Will try to follow your suggestion, and hope she'll get used to it. Yes, I'm preparing her to eat solids soon! :)

thanks