I feel sad. I want to delay putting my lo in childcare as much as possible. I want her to have a free childhood. But me and my husband are both working. Being a sahm mom is not an option because of financial issues. My mom who is her current caretaker when I'm at work told me that she wants me to send my kid to childcare asap. If not, find a babysitter elsewhere. I don't understand why she can't wait a few more months. The way she talks about my lo is like she's a burden. We give her the same amount of money she earns when she was working, for taking care of my lo. And we don't even ask her to do anything (house chores Etc) or buy anything. Just to take care of lo. I feel so guilty. I feel like I'm robbing my child of a carefree childhood. She has to start school so early (my mom asked me to put her in childcare at 18 mths) and won't stop till she starts working in adulthood. I just wish I can become a sahm and look after her myself. I teared looking at her after I pat her to sleep. If any of you have any positive words to share, please do. I need them right now.

15 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I can feel how you feel about your mum in this situation. I was once in the same situation and when I tried to understand more from my mum, it's really not easy as she is liable for the well-being of her grandchildren. She tends to feel more stressful if anything were to happen to her grandchildren and she won't be able to answer to the parents which is us. And moreover, she's in her mid 60s and her energy level is really worn out after one whole day with my baby (just feeding and looking after baby). What make it worst is she has to change her original lifestyle which is stress free with lots of freedom and chit chatting with friends. But now, she can only share her grumbles with us after we knocked off from work or whenever she see us. My mum has requested for me to quit my job asap when my baby was 6 mo and we manage to come to an agreement to do so when my baby turn 1. So right now, I'm a SAHM which I have been wanting to do so all along. I personally feel that enrolling ur child at CC at 18mo aren't a bad thing actually. Everyone will be happier.

Read more