Failed by 0.1. Gestatinal diabetes

I failed my oggt test 1st hr by 0.1. I got 5.01. 2nd and 3rd hr i pass. They told me i got gestational diabetes. Do u all torally avoid sugar? Or still have sugar bt limit the amt?

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I got GD too and completely removed sugar from my diet. My gynae doesn’t allow artificial sweetener as well, as some artificial sweetener aren’t really Low GI. He handed me list of Low GI food, mid and High GI. So we know what to eat and avoid. I got monitored my glucose level using the glucose test pack, prick my hand and take blood test every 2 hrs post meal to check if my glucose level is not exceeding 7.0. If exceeding 7.0, means there’s something wrong from my meal that should be removed. I think you can try with the glucose test pack and see if a bit of sugar will make your glucose hike or not. However I did not take chance as I don’t want my baby to be born with hypoglycaemia.

Read more

i see. 1st time for me. no prob for 1st and 2nd only this 3rd one. i guess my fault too. i craved for sugary food eg cakes..chocolate. so much this time. i will buy the test pack and try with no sugar. thnk u.