Pls help me

I am currently in my week 11 If I start to drink martenity milk can I stop taking multivitamins pills...??? The taste of it is super bitter 😣 #pleasehelp #firstbaby #advicepls #1stimemom

7 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

the maternity milk is not a replacement for the multi-vitamins. the multivitamins are important! if u find them hard to swallow, maybe check with your gynae if there are other brands/alternatives you can take? maternity milk is high in sugar so actually you shouldn't need to take it unless your gynae feels it's necessary. there are a few mummies who found that they were diagnosed with gestational diabetes later in the pregnancy due to the maternity milk. most women also put on too much weight when they take the milk regularly. it's usually only good for pregnant women who can't seem to gain enough weight for the pregnancy, or can't seem to keep food down.

Read more
VIP Member

4 December Not advisable to stop multi vitamins. Recommend you speak to your gynae first. Maybe can switch to other brands. Also folic acid pills are important during first trimester. Along the way, you might need to take other supplements as advised by gynae.

Post reply image

maternity milk is usually taken to make either or both baby and mummy gain weight! try asking for a different vitamin or searching online for other brands if you really cannot take your current ones 💗 take care!

no.. maternity milk doesn’t contain sufficient nutrients your body needs for the pregnancy, it’s high in sugar too

2y ago

my gynae told me not to take maternity milk and take fresh milk instead.

Try asking ur gynae about multivitamins gummy instead which can help u during ur pregnancy journey. :)

2y ago

Oh thank you so much 🥰

I would do it the other way round unless I need to gain weight.

I rather you take pills then drink those high sugar milk