Having thick white discharge along with normal discharge

I am currently 27 weeks pregnant ,during my 23rd week i was diagnoised with BV and taken 7 days of antibiotics and now am having some thichk cheesy discharge along with normal discharge,is this beacuse of the side effects of antiobiotics? I am worried that am having my dr apptmt on 23rd dec ,still 15 +days more ...do i need to visit urgent o&g centre for this i.mediately ?....please reply mommies...kindly help me with your suggestions

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I never had BV, but had similar discharge before and gynae said no need to treat unless it bothers me (itch, burning etc). In my case, it was very itchy, so gynae suspected yeast infection and prescribed antifungal pessary to insert, symptoms gone 2 days after. Perhaps you can call the gynae clinic and explain your symptoms? Then if necessary get their clearance to buy meds from GP / pharmacy while waiting for your appointment.

Read more

Hi! If above 22 weeks must visit delivery suite at level 2 for urgent care. Also the discharge is normal. I went to check for this too recently. Im at 26 weeks. Doctor said as long as its not fresh blood or consistent brown/red discharge, its perfectly normal. Doc says its Probably our vagina cleaning itself and letting out the infection. Dont worry too much! Drink lots of water too okie :)

Read more