Uncomfortable bellyy

I am currently 23 weeks pregnant and recently i start having uncomfortable feeling around my tummy especially when im lay down. Doesn't matter which side im on i still feel some tightness, almost aching and a pull around my abdomen. My gynae appt is only in April. Is this normal?#firstbaby #advicepls

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

It’s quite normal. I had them with my first and currently at 26 wks with my second and having them as well when I lie on my side. As long as you feel kicks and movements from your baby, then there’s no concern. This is just your baby growing. If the pains do wake you up at night and keep you awake the whole night meaning it’s almost unbearable, always best to see your doctor to ease your worries. If not, try pregnancy pillow or have a pillow below your tummy when you lie on your side Hope this helps :)

Read more

Yes, absolutely normal! :) As mentioned, use a pregnancy pillow. I’m using the u-shape pillow and it’s literally a lifesaver for me. I hardly sleep on my back as well because either sides are elevated.