I am in my 2nd trimester. Always have diarrhea, doctor said, I need good bacteria. Is it ok to take probiotic during pregnancy?

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Probiotics from natural food sources and supplements are considered safe to take while you're pregnant. But it's always best to talk to your doctor or midwife before taking any supplements. If you do take a probiotic supplement, always ensure you follow the manufacturer's guidelines. Some natural sources include: - live yogurt - live yogurt drinks - miso and tempeh, which is made from fermented soya beans - some juices and soya drinks http://www.babycentre.co.uk/a1025252/probiotics-and-prebiotics-in-pregnancy

Read more

Your diarrhea could be due to the prenatal supplement that you are taking. I had this problem too during my first pregnancy and after I switched my prenatal vitamins brand, I didn't get diarrhea anymore. If this doesn't working, you can try to talk to your gynae about your intention on consuming probiotics.

Read more
VIP Member

Yes; I took probiotics when I was pregnant. Can help reduce uti problems and also reduces the chances of having eczema for our kids.

3y ago

Let me know if you r interested in the probiotics. Getting 1 with good strain is impt

thanks