Pregnant Mommies to go for vaccine

Hi! My husband has adverse effect with vaccine that he took few months ago, thus he dont advise to take 2nd dose of pfizer.. Any one has similar experience but still proceed to take vaccine? I’m more scared on the effect to my baby. Wouldnlove to hear reassuring stories please

9 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hi mummy. My husband has adverse effect after taking his 1st dose cominarty vaccine . He went to ktph to go for further check up coz he got some sort like rashes all over his body. Ktph dr advice not to take 2nd dose vaccine but we did contact MOH and asked for their advice and they suggested to take sinovac vaccine at NUH. He will be taking tomm. For my case, im currently 25 weeks preg and im done with my 1st n 2nd vaccine. Im doing fine and i only had sore arms 😊 My gynae also give me green light to take my vaccine. Btw my husband took his 1st dose on july and they only contacted my husband to take his 2nd dose tomm which i think the gap is quite long. But hopefully he will be doing fine after completed his vaccine 🙏🏼u dont worry ya. Take ur vaccine after ur gynae approves it and u will be fine 😊

Read more
3y ago

Sorry typo July not June **

am stuck in the dillemma as well. the risk of getting covid vs potential long term effects. and also, the concern is not the immediate effects of recovering from the jabs. the concern is of any LONG TERM effects on the baby which no one can say. all the best!

Hey Mummy, the benefits of taking the vaccine further outweighs the risks of experiencing the side effects, which would only last a day or two. Take the vaccine now so you can protect yourself and your baby. Talk to your doctor and ask what he/she will say :)

Hi! I’m in my week 24 and just took my second dose(Pfizer) of vaccine yesterday. So far only sore arms. Baby still kicking actively as usual :) My husband took his second dose 1 month back and had to lay in bed for a day due to fever and sore arms.

I took my 2nd dose and didn’t experience any side effects as compared to my 1st dose. Different people different reaction so best not to worry so much. Have a meal before going for your vaccination. Afterwards remember to hydrate more than usual.

I took both doses of Pfizer in my 2nd trimester and did not experience any major side effects apart from sore arm, fatigue and headaches, which all went away after some rest! Do discuss with your gynae your concerns if you have any :)

hi all thanks for your responses! my ob gave me the green light! im keen of taking but still have fear! thanks for sharing your stories! hopefully really no adverse affect

3y ago

Go Mummy! Update us here if you have other qs.

I just took my first dose today, 31 week pregnant, so far haven encounter any side effects yet, baby kicking like usual.

hello, do consult ur gynae before taking as he/she will take into consideration ur own pregnancy condition.