Frustrated!?

Hubby doesnt research or read anything about pregnancy/childbirth/childraising and insist on advice given by friends only… feeling frustrated. (Spends all free time playing pc games)

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Chill. Im 5 months pregnant my partner also didnt go and do any research about pregnancy/childbirth/childraising. I dont expect guys to research about pregnancy and childbirth cos it will be the woman who will be going through all these. Frankly speaking i didnt want to go and research about childraising also. One step at a time. We are FTP (first time parents) i find listening to friends advise is not that bad either. Sometimes what u see on internet might not be as effective as friends who have experience. Just let him play the pc games now. When the baby is born he will not have time to do so.

Read more
1y ago

I feel you. My hubby sometimes won’t even follow me to appointments. He follow me also will show face and get “cranky” cause of the waiting time.

I wouldn't expect that from my partner as he is not carrying the baby. that said, we have more attachment as bb is in our tummy. create more bonding time and feed him with what's bb doing / growing day by day, encourage him to touch your stomach. tell him to buy somethings as baby needs them+ why. such attachment doesn't come naturally for man (unless they want a bb for the longest time), we can build the repo. my hubby loves that my bb reacts to his voice. 😋 and now he just touch my stomach and calls "baby boy" randomly. 🥰

Read more

Perhaps he felt that experiences from friends are more reliable since it’s happening to people he knows and trust? Give him time, and maybe you want to sit him down have a heart to heart talk about this issue and tell him your concerns? Sometimes husbands just really need to be told directly, otherwise they’re ignorant about some stuffs. I believe as parents, first both must be on the same page. Good luck! 😌

Read more
2y ago

Oh yes that ‘let the newborn cry it out and ignore’ , I’ve heard about that. I was dumbfounded when I heard it. I mean to train infants, that’s bit early to me because when they cry, most time they want/need something and are trying to tell us something and that could be hungry? Wet diapers? Worst case scenario, it could even be colic? I wouldn’t wanna let my little one suffer on purpose, I mean I would apply that theory about the attention thing perhaps when I have had a fair amount of time knowing my baby and having the ‘instincts’ whether this crying is legit or it’s just for attention eg. when they’re already toddlers. Having said the above, of course it’s never wrong to listen to experiences and such but to me, it’s entirely up to you and your partner how you wanna do this. Advices you think makes sense, take it in, otherwise just acknowledge and move on. And ya’ll really have to be the same page when it comes to parenting I believe so that it’ll be a pleasant and memorable paren

Don’t rely on them and make ourselves unhappy. My hubs ain’t allow to play pc games coz of his anger management but he is always on his phone. Just do what we have to do and be happy

2y ago

Its hard…. Sometimes would be nice to be able to feel he cares 😂

TapFluencer

Baby is out.6 months old. Hubby still plays to 3am. Everyone pestering me for no.2 help.