How do you wash your nursing bras? Do you remove the paddings as well? i tried removing the paddings and wash bra & padding seperatly & also tried washing the bra with padding intact, both methods still seemed to spoil the padding. My padding ends up out of shape. i do put them in laundry bags, and padding in bra laundry bags.

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

The best way to wash bras in general is to hand wash them but this is difficult, especially when you have a new baby. Hand washing is not something you'd have the luxury of doing. Wash your maternity and nursing bras in a lingerie bag to avoid the lace being caught on other clothes as well as to prevent the pulling of delicate trimmings. It is recommended to wash these bras in cold water to avoid fading and shrinkage of fabrics like as cotton. Cotton is often used in the wire channelling, if hot or warm water is used the cotton will shrink and the wire can pop out the end or start to squeak. After that, hang out to dry in direct sunlight or a standing dryer. Don't wring your bras out or put them in the tumble dryer.

Read more
VIP Member

My nursing bra came with this "Love Your Bra" tag which basically helps users how to take good care of their bra. ANd I understood/ remeber it this way: 1 - You should always hand wash it. Since it's padded, machine wash will worn it 2 - Wash first with clean, tap water before pouring in the detergent 3 - (Best if washed with liquid detergent) Soak the bra for 5 mins in water with proportional amount of detergent. 5 mins no more no less 4 - Scrub it with your hand with gentle amount of pressure on pressing 5 - Rinse with water and do not wring. Simply squeeze the pads with your hand 6 - Hang till dry (possible if w/ direct sunlight) Worth all the penny you spent with the bra - will surely last like forever :D

Read more

Oh yes, padding really cannot last if we put in washing machine. So..nowadays i will take the padding out and handwash it. No more out of shape problem. But still will worn out eventually after a lengthy of time.