Confinement nanny - yes or no?

How tough is it to go without one? I’m not comfortable with an additional stranger in the house and worried her ideology will clash with mine. I don’t subscribe to too many old wives tales and hope that my baby wouldn’t be subjected to superstitious practices. I’ll be on maternity anyway, will I be so worn out if my hubby is fully committed to help?

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Just had this debate with my hub. In the end I decided to go with a CL after seeking some advice from other mums - CL can provide guidance to a ftm, unlike what you get from prenatal classes which are not practised on real babies - hub will help but not he is not experienced and the first month will probably also wear him down, esp both night and morning duties. He needs to sleep too for me to be able to rely on him when I’m down. - there is a lot of poop and laundry - mums experience a range of hormones after birth, and CL can relieve unnecessary pressures and emotions and fears that things are out of control - help from mum and mil welcome but not all the time as conflicts will definitely arise (she has her own beliefs you have yours) - you can request CL to do what you prefer as you are the employer. Nothing personal ( unlike with parents or hub) - I don’t think all Nannies are superstitious. I guess you can do interviews or talk to the agency

Read more
1y ago

Haha lots of poop and laundry. Indeed!

i engaged CN for my 1st pregnancy, ended her service 1week earlier To add on, I engage day only instead of full day and paid extra for her accommodation, cause I don't like to have stranger stay over I didn't engaged CN for the 2nd pregnancy due to 1st CN experience I ordered Confinement Tingkat it's manageable without CN or any help from parents/in-law, at the end of the Confinement, we will still need to manage everything my ourself

Read more
2y ago

Wow mummy thank you for sharing! I also contemplating to engage CN anot. Due to bad experience for the 1st one.