How much water intake should a 1 yr old have in a day?

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

When my daughter was 1 year old, I would give her about 50 to 60ml after each feed in her sippy cup. Sometime she finishes it, sometime she doesn't. Sometimes she doesn't even want it at all. I didn't really measure her actual total intake properly, because she was already eating well and drinking her milk well. Unless she is thirsty before her feeding time or if she had food that is too heaty or dry, I will not give her water. Here is a link that you can read more on: http://www.babycenter.in/x1016988/how-much-water-should-my-toddler-drink-every-day

Read more

A child between one to three years of age requires around 1.3litres of fluid a day. This will include milk and other beverages that you regularly gives him/her. You can gauge if your child is getting enough water based on the colour of his/her urine. A well-hydrated child’s urine would be light-coloured or close to being colourless. On hot days, it will be better to let your child consume more water to aid in the regulation of body temperature.

Read more
Super Mum

1 to 3 year toddler needs or recommended water intake of 5-6 cups of water in a day

TapFluencer

Children between 1 and 3 years old require about 44 ounces of fluid per day

thanks