Tins of formula

How many tins of formula does your baby go through in the first 4 weeks? I worry my confinement nanny is over feeding my baby, it is only the 3rd week since birth and she is almost finishing the 3rd tin of formula. Is this normal?

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hi there! Congrats on your new baby! In the first 4 weeks, it's quite common for babies to go through around 3-4 tins of formula. Every baby is different, and their feeding needs can vary. It's important to monitor your baby's weight gain and overall health to determine if they are being overfed. If you're concerned about your confinement nanny overfeeding your baby, it's a good idea to have an open and honest conversation with her. You can share your concerns and discuss the feeding schedule and portion sizes with her. It might also be helpful to keep a feeding log to track how much formula your baby is consuming each day. Another option is to consult with your pediatrician. They can provide guidance on the appropriate amount of formula for your baby's age and weight. They can also assess whether your baby is being overfed and offer solutions to ensure they are getting the right amount of nutrition. Remember, every baby is unique, and it's essential to trust your instincts as a parent. Good luck, and I hope this helps! https://invl.io/cll6she

Read more

Actually I think it's quite normal? I was already using the second tin by the time my baby was 2 weeks old. Mine was the 800g tin. When my BM supply started increasing, we slowly relied less on FM so that was when we could stretch one tin to last around 1 month.

TapFluencer

can check out the recommended volume tho common to differ between babies