All about baby colic

How do i know if my baby is colic? And what to do if I spot signs of colic baby?

1 Reply
 profile icon
Write a reply

Cause: The cause of colic is unknown but suggestions include indigestion, allergies or trapped wind. During a colic spell, a baby: - has high-pitched crying or screaming - is very hard to soothe - can have a red face or pale skin around the mouth - may pull in the legs, stiffen the arms, arch the back, or clench fists Treatment: There is no cure for colic but various techniques may offer some comfort: Assess the infant’s general health, crying, stools, feeding, and any suspected foods or milk that lessen or worsen crying. Ways to soothe your baby: - Consider a warm bath or tummy massage for the baby. - Take offers of support to have a break. - If necessary, make sure the infant is safe, warm, dry and fed and leave the room for ten minutes if the parent needs a break. - White noise such as washing machines may help to soothe the infant. - A pram or car journey may help as well as walking with the infant in a sling or cuddling the infant. Stress is a phase that will pass usually at 3-4 months.

Read more