How to combat with post partum excessive hair loss? Any tips, fellow mommies?

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

If you use styling products like hair dryers, straighteners or curlers, best to skip those for a while till your hair improves. Also, keep a healthy diet of foods that are great for hair strength and hair growth -- such as spinach, eggs and walnuts. You can also switch your hair products (shampoo, conditioners and serums) to those that can prevent hair loss -- my personal recommendation would be the PHYTO brand, which is available at Watsons and Guardian.

Read more

I don't think you can combat it as it happens due to hormonal changes. It will grow back before your baby turns 1. For me hair loss is at its peak at 3 to 5 months. Baby is now 7 months and it's less and my fringe is growing like crazy again. What I would suggest is you can have a trim or use shampoos meant for hair loss like Biconi. But I tell you it won't help much. What it does is when your hair starts growing again, it will help it make thicker.

Read more

Unfortunately nothing helped me. Just had to leave it to drop. I tried cutting my hair too but still dropped. Good news is that my hair did grow back (could see all the short strands regrowing), so I'm sure yours will too.

I'm drinking vco everyday, my baby is turning 4 months. I don't really have the bad hairfall. Just few as in how it used to be before pregnancy

8y ago

Virgin coconut oil