Rib pain on left side 😩

Hii ladies, isit normal for only my left rib to hurt so badly? Like i can barely sit properly for 3mins without it hurting me... when i laydown it hurts abit too... the pain is just unbearable 😭 helps

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

It sounds like you may be experiencing rib pain on your left side during your pregnancy. This is a common issue that many pregnant women face. The pain you are feeling could be due to the expanding uterus putting pressure on your ribs, leading to discomfort and pain. To help alleviate the pain, try the following solutions: 1. Improve your posture: Sit and stand up straight to reduce pressure on your ribs. 2. Use pillows for support: Place pillows behind your back while sitting and between your legs while lying down to improve comfort. 3. Wear loose and comfortable clothing: Avoid tight clothing that may further compress your ribs. 4. Practice gentle stretching exercises: Consult with your healthcare provider for safe exercises that can help alleviate the discomfort. 5. Apply a warm compress: A warm towel or heating pad on the affected area may help soothe the pain. If the pain persists or worsens, it's important to consult with your healthcare provider for further evaluation and advice on managing the discomfort. Remember that every pregnancy is unique, so it's essential to prioritize your well-being and seek professional guidance when needed. https://invl.io/cll6she

Read more

Hi there! I’m due in June too and lower rib pain is common especially if it resolves spontaneously or with changing posture. It’s often because of increased pressure on your ribs due to baby getting bigger or movements of baby. Of course if the pain is persistent and unbearable, please seek medical attention immediately.

Read more

I often got rib pain on my left too during my 2nd trimester! Asked my gynae about it and after checking for me he said it’s normal, just the baby pressing and pain from the pressure. The rib pain stopped after I entered 3rd trim

Hello, i am in the same birth club (June 2024) as you but I did not experience what you’re experiencing. Perhaps it would be better if you can see a doctor to check what happens since the pain is unbearable.

I get that too sometimes when I lie on my left side to sleep too! Changing positions helped me, I haven't been able to ask my gynae yet as I'm waiting for my next appointment!