Pink Milk / Accessories

Hello would like to share my experience to all moms. I am a FTM, and giving mix feeds to my baby. He is 2 mos old now. Initial 7 days he was admitted due to jaundice (yellow skin). Antibiotics were started and he was expose to light to lower the cause of the jaundice. After 3-; weeks postpartum, i notice that my pumped milk which stayed overnight turned to pink. I was thinking its was just a reaction of milk to any odf the metal parts of the pump. After 3 days, ny nursing bra which were wet of breastmilk, turned into neon pink like color. Alarming as it is, I consulted a doctor and was prescribed antibiotics incase it is unknowling mastitis. Seven days passed and the pink stain recurred in my baby’s spit up. Hence i consulted an infections doctor. And she considers it the bacteria called serratia. My son is very active but to be sure we were admitted int the hospital and still on completion of antibiotics. Better be safe than sorry. This bacteria is very rare and may cause a lot of diseases which is very harmful to our LO. Serratia as per the literature may be found from hospitals or everywhere. I don’t know where we acquired this one, since hygiene wise. Purified or distilled water was use to clean my baby’s feeding bottle and pump. Bottom line is, don’t be complacent when it comes to our LO, there immune system is not yet mature to fight of this bacteria. BreastMilk #PinkMilk #Serratia

Pink Milk / Accessories
2 Replies
 profile icon
Magsulat ng reply

Ooh parang pink ink. Thanks for sharing.