Has someone given up their seat for you? 🚌

Buses and trains are the most common mode of transportation to help us get to our destination 🚆 So let us know if someone has done that for you, regardless of the travel distance 😊

Has someone given up their seat for you? 🚌
37 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

nope. most just pretend to sleep or looking their phones like no tomorrow and hoping other passengers will give me seat and the thing is , these people sat at the priority seats. Shameful one time i got so tired in my 3rd trimestes, last few days of work n i was carrying twins, this 1 guy pretended to sleep until i said "excuse me, i need the seat." he just stared at me like an idiot until he felt everyone were staring at him that he reluctantly got up. Men need to up their "gentleman behaviour" cause its getting really frustrating

Read more

So far I've only encountered 2 times people giving up their seats for me. Both are ladies and one of them is an Indian aunty in her 50-60s. Most of the time when I take the train from Jurong East back to Yew Tee, I see many of the guys just rush to the seats and play with their phones, without looking up to see if there's anyone who needs the seat. A very sad sight to see this type of ungracious behaviour. Luckily I'm still able to stand and move about without feeling too tired at 28 weeks. 🙂

Read more

through out my 9 months of pregnancy only 4x people will give up their seat and one of them is disable (using walking stick) while the rest are young and healthy. either they pretend to sleep or they play with their phone. some even will stare at me up n down like as if i was in the wrong. and importantly the one that gave up their sit are all men. and those who sat down are mostly student (poly/U) or office worker.

Read more

Yes and no when my wife was pregnant. There were commuters even fought seat with my wife by pushing her away. I ever asked a man to give up his seat to a pregnant lady and he did but the lady rejected as she was going to alight at next 2 stations. It ended another lady rushed to take the seat. Felt sorry to that man.

Read more

Rarely. I once got a seat from 3 NTU students after a debate whether they can sit on the the priority seats. All 3 are young and able, but did not understand the priority sign. 1 said he did not want to end up on stomp and thats how i got a seat.

most of the time i would get bt sometimes even at 30+++ wks, none gave up and once, someone every fought with me over a seat. like erm hello, youre young and healthy. she sat down and just look at me like as if she did nothing wrong

Yes, almost 90% of the time! I think it’s also because my baby bump is way too big to pretend not to see. I’ve even been asked if I’ve got twins in my tummy when actually it’s just one chubby baby 🤣

TapFluencer

so far. in 3rd trkmester i always get a seat but then again i seldom go out. for 2nd trimester, just need to make it more obvious like rub tummy, then the person gave me seat as my tummy wasn't that big or obvious

throughout my whole term of pregnancy, only a total of 4 ppl gave up their seats to me (I took trains 3 to 4 times every week). One guy even snatched a seat from me and reserved for his gf.

No. They assume my stomach bloated n just stare at my stomach as im in petite size. Meanwhile my stomach is bigger then normal stomach 🙄

3y ago

same! ahahahhaha we not pregnant enuf