Dietrician for GD

Hi, has anyone been to a dietrician for GD and has it been helpful? I had been researching on the internet and pricking myself after being diagnosed 3 days ago - except for 2 bloopers I had been recording less than 7mmol after every meal. The clinic has now reached out and asked that I schedule an appointment with the dietrician. Could you help to share your experience please, how helpful it has been, or if it is a waste of money and time? Thank you. #advicepls #GestationalDiabetes

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hi, I’m currently seeing a dietician and have been following up for a few sessions. It has been very useful for me. She would analyse my diet and recommend to increase or decrease my food intake, substitutions etc. Eg my readings are below 7 but I feel hungry still. So she would analyse my entire day reading and advise accordingly. I find that my dietician is more chillax in a sense where I don’t do 7 pricks a day and she’s ok (gotten an earful from a nurse faulting me for missing breakfast). My gynae left it up to the dietician to recommend whether eod do I need insulin.

Read more
2y ago

thanks! we were a bit pressured by the clinic to see one, it's good to know it'll be useful. Still haven't had my first consultation, we just got rescheduled.