Bleeding at week 13/14

Had spotting on Mon, checked with gynae on tues (thank God there is still heartbeat) and cervix check was normal, was prescribed duphaston (3 times daily, can take up to 4 if bleeding continues). Tues night experiencing tummy discomfort (not sure if it’s cramps). Wed night the spotting turned pinkish and eventually blood red (which freaked me out) and went A&E on Wed night and checked, baby is active and has heartbeat (thank God again). No explanation for the bleeding still.. I increase duphaston dosage to 4 tablets per day on Thurs.. hoping the bleeding will stop.. Anybody experiencing the same before? Hoping to hear some views on this.. Im so so afraid of miscarrying and always wondering if my baby is fine.. #pleasehelp #1stimemom

12 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I had bleeding during my first pregnancy from week 8 to week 14. The bleeding at around week 12 was exceptionally bad. It started with bad cramps to the extend I couldn't walk, then bright red blood flowed down my legs, along with big blood clots. I was put on Duphaston and bed rest for the whole pregnancy. There weren't any explanation for my bleeding back then too. I ultimately gave birth naturally at week 40. Now my boy is 18 months old, active and healthy :) I can understand and feel your fear and concerns, and its definitely stressful. However, stress will only make things feel worse and its not good for your mental health. Try not to overwork yourself and rest as much as possible during the early stages. Stay positive and trust that your baby is strong! Our babies are stronger than we think de. Stay strong mummy ❤

Read more
2y ago

Thank you for sharing, and the encouragement and assurance. Appreciate it. Will try to think positively :)

I was heavily bleeding n water gush out after my 12 weeks scan n was admitted in the hospital for 2 weeks for observation with continued bleeding for 3 weeks after that bleeding just stop and everything was normal. There was no explanation to why I was bleeding or y I had a gush of water that came out. It was scary as I will bleed everyday n there was no reason. My baby heartbeat was good n my amniotic fluid level was good but was tested positive. Now I’m 30 weeks pregnant and baby is very active. It was very stressful but u need to be positive. Hope this helps. When I had the bleeding I tried to search online but I felt no one was going thru what I went through. So I really this helps u.

Read more
2y ago

Thank you so much for sharing. Yes I have been searching online for similar experiences but felt lik I was the only one bleeding that doesn’t seem to be stopping. So thank you again.. I will try to be positive. Wish you safe delivery soon.

My bleeding was caused by a tear n was taking duphaston. Becoz it was my first and i was bleeding quite badly actually.. few days later it became brownish but i was worried n went cervix check. Ended up wif heavy bleeding n huge clots of palm sized and went a&e. The lady told me its normal (which i didnt feel so) n then a nurse jabbed my butt. Both times baby heartbeat was there. It took me real long to fully clear and i managed to deliver my ger 3 mths ago! Hoping everything is well for u :)

Read more
2y ago

I tink wk 11 liddat

Had bleeding twice in my pregnancy too. Once in first trimester, another time in 2nd trimester. My bleeding took at least 3 days to clear up. Both times were prescribed duphaston 3 times daily with progesterone injection and a week bed rest. All i can is I understand your worry and how you feel but trust me, it will only make it worse. Try to be positive and have plenty of rest! Do not do housework, let hubby settle everything for you, lie on the bed as much as possible. Take care mummy!

Read more
2y ago

Thank you for sharing:)

I had spotting from first trim all the way till second trim end. Also took duphaston under gynae directions. That period was when work is really stressful for me. The day when brown spotting turned blood red was when I worked non stop from morning until 7plus pm and felt some menses cramp feeling. I think stress is the biggest factor for my spotting. Mummy you need to review if something is causing stress. Take care and stay safe

Read more
2y ago

Thankful for your sharing here. It could be stress from work.. But the bleeding is stressing me out more.. but yup I know to think positively.. thanks again:)

VIP Member

I also had bleeding even clots during this week also. Went to hospital then doctor injected something and said something about ovary or don’t know what but end up it’s nothing everything is fine! After injection I didn’t bother to take any medication. My bleeding stopped after that injection. I didn’t think about miscarriage tho. Dont think negatively can already

Read more
2y ago

Thank you for sharing, means a lot :)

I had that during my first pregnancy. But my spotting is due to active sexual intercourse 🤭 For yourself maybe try to rest more, eat healthy food, don't stress, don't carry heavy things or move too much (rest in between). Hope everything goes smoothly for you ❤️

2y ago

Thank you for sharing. I had tried to avoid sexual intercourse ever since I found out I was pregnant.. so this unusual bleeding is really puzzling me and making me afraid and stressed about the baby’s well being every now and then..

ya I have a blood clot near the area so have spotting on and off throughout my 1st trimeter, 1st time scan can't find what's the problem and 2nd checks found out abt that clot and subsequently no more on my 2nd trimester.

2y ago

Thank you for sharing. Hope all turns out well soon..

VIP Member

Maybe you just need more rest? I was spotting before too & put on Duphaston to support the pregnancy. Then I realised something, I was probably too tired. Was juggling work & the household chores later in the evening.

2y ago

Thank you for sharing. I have been on bed rest since tues after I see my gynae.. I’m just hoping the bleeding is due to the housework I did on last Sunday (which I think I didn’t exert much actually).. The bleeding doesn’t seem to stop (but got worse on wed) even when I’m just sleeping most of the time (just got up to have my meals).. which is frightening.. will try to rest more and be less stressed..

VIP Member

i know it stresses you out but have faith. if you realy think there is something wrong, just keep going to the ER. let them know you are too worried and it is eating you up. hope all turns out well🤍

2y ago

Thank you for hearing me out. Means a lot.