Bad cough / itchy throat / random coughing fit. 2nd trimester. What off the shelf med is safe?

Had a fever last week which I took Paracetamol that I bought from hospital.. now that there’s no fever it developed into a cough. Will go into a coughing fit when my throat is triggered eg dry (already spamming loads of water so ok) or suddenly very itchy somehow it’s uncontrollable.. idk if it affects baby cos even my lower pelvic muscle also feel ache w the cough.. once the spree is over I’m back to normal. Just a lot of phlegm Any mommies experienced same before and took OTS meds to rid the cough? Still haven’t got the chance to go GP, thinking of self medicating first

7 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Same. 2nd trimester have this sickness for 2 weeks straight. Went to gp 3 times all the medicine simple doesnt work for me at all 1) augmentin 2) atrizin 3)Zrytec 4) dexcophan 5) bisolvon Im on the urge to just go a&e keep on whooping breatheless cough follow by vomitting phelgm every day. Both nose and throat phelgm is thick and green 😭😭😭😭

Read more