Can preggy mom take convid 19 vaccine?

My gynae advise no as i am in first trimester and bb is growing well . Just that i need to keep indoor mostly and avoid outdoor to protect myself. People ard advise vaccine after birth is better. #advicepls

17 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Can take from 2nd trimester onwards. You must also consider that Singapore is opening up and moving towards treating Covid as endemic. This means more risk exposure for unvaccinated folks because even vaccinated people can infect you easily without any sign or symptoms. That is scariest part to me. And now, delta variant is proven more infectious and dangerous than the original type. So overall, my decision is to get vax by 2nd T. Initially I also wanted to wait until after delivery. Now, Covid cases are already rising a lot especially unlinked Covid cases. Given the situation I also find it beneficial that antibodies can be pass down to child via placenta while in your womb. As children may not be recommend for vaccination yet and are vulnerable. Staying home and limit outdoor exposure is no longer guaranteed safe because there will be more unlinked transmissions going on in future and government will step in less to clamp them down.

Read more