Greetings, Very curious to know what is the difference between Vicks Vaporub and Essential oils? When I was little, I remember my mother would rub Vicks on my chest and back to releave me of cough and running nose. Also, is Axe Oil similar to essential oils and if no, what is the difference between the two? My sister is going to give birth to her very first baby this year in September, any essential oil recommendations for her specially since she suffers from aching feet and back? And can she use essential oils while she is pregnant?

1 Reply
 profile icon
Write a reply

Using essential oils during pregnancy is a tricky subject. There are a lot of views regarding this matter. Proponents of essential oils say that it's safe to use some while you're pregnant (like frankincese, ylang-ylang, peppermint etc) as long as you're healthy and you're careful with them. Essential oils are basically highly concentrated substances extracted from plants and can be very potent so it's important to use them in limited quantities. Personally, I wouldn't use them because I don't want to risk anything. Always check with the doctor if it's okay to use alternative medications or supplements. As for axe oil, I wouldn't say it is an essential oil purely, it's more of a mixture of different things which include essential oils (diluted though). Axe oil contains the following natural ingredients: Menthol – 16% Methyl salicylate – 15% Camphor - 5% Eucalyptus oil, Lavender oil, and Mineral oil.

Read more