Earliest O&G appointment - 13 weeks

Hi, just got a call from NUH today that earliest O&G appointment they have at Clinic G is 13 July for my first visit. I’m currently about 7 weeks pregnant and by then would be roughly 13 weeks. Is that ok or too late for a first appointment? I’ve gone to GP and polyclinic to confirm my pregnancy and it’s a positive. Just thought a scan should be done in the first trimester 🤔 Anyone else went for their first O&G visit after 12 weeks? #firstbaby #advicepls

14 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

It is fine but personally think you should see someone earlier especially if it's your first pregnancy. This is so you can get more guidance on what to expect, and also get helpful medicines like folic acid and others if you have bad symptoms. Some women have it bad around weeks 8-10 I miscarried at 10 weeks for my first. Currently am 10 weeks again but I saw the gynae during week 6 and week 9 for scans. Having another appointment next week. Mine is more frequent cos of earlier miscarriage, but most women do fine seeing doc once a month for first tri

Read more