Anxiety over C-Section

Giving birth via C-Section next Tuesday , been really nervous about it since i have major phobia rowards needles n knifes 😭 Having sleepless nights since knowing the date for C-Section , how do i ease my anxiety over this ? Having C-Section at KKH , any MOMs can share their experience#firstbaby #pleasehelp #advicepls ?

7 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hi mummy!!! C section mom here!!! DO NOT WORRY!! U need to change your mentality tho.. you can even feel a thing mummy! For my case i undergo emergency c section as i dont even feel any contractions, my baby was alil big size, i have gdm as well. Will share with u my experience! So i was in labour ward on the 1st Jan at Thomson. My gynae came in arnd 11+pm and informed me that i have to go for emergency csection the next day. My edd supposed to be 11th Jan (this is for natural birth) , but as im going for csection, my gynae pushed it to 3rd Jan but i ended up giving birth on the 2nd Jan. So the nurses bring me into my ward, they give me this liquid medication and this thing that they will put in ur asshole and squeeze the liquid in and trust me within a min you run to the toilet.. 😂😂 its discomfort i tell u! Then they give me iv drops.. i need to start fasting at 1am until i give birth and continue for another 7-8hrs after birth. My mindset was super calm as i know i have to go thru csection. So what i did was kept praying and tell myself i need to have this baby out in good hands. So after the 4th bottle of iv drops, the next day, my csection operation starts at 12:30noon. Nurses there were super nice. Again, i kept myself calm. I did saw the scissors but trust me mummy, just keep praying in ur heart. I was super ready. They turn me to the left, you be half naked. Then once ready they will out the epidural in. The feeling for me tbh its like u taking your covid vaccine. NO JOKE. After the jab, they ask u to quickly turn and YOU DID NOT FEEL A SINGLE THING. I was half awake and half asleep!!! Gynae came in, my husband was there in the operation room as well. They will say h will feel like tugging, pushing and such but for me i dont feel any pressure at all! I even have 4-5 nurses behind me pushing my baby out frm my stomach as he was sitting on top. THEN there is goes my gynae happily say "HAPPY MOTHERS DAY! CONGRATULATIONS!" I turn to my right, i see my baby, i smile and i continue sleeping. The process was super FAST. I started at 12:30noon and baby was out at 12:55noon. I was being pushes to my room at 1:30pm because they will need to put for u ur compression socks and the compression machine as well! Oh and dnt forget to bring along ur binder!!! Literally after my csection the nurses quickly bind me up! 2nd day is when the pain slowly starts to come in. For me its bearable but u will feel weak.. nurses will definitely give u ur painkillers! Just inform them if u need it! I started walking the 2nd day. The pee back tube was out, the iv drops are out, i really take my time walking. Slowly but surely. Surely after the pee bag tube out, u will definitely see blood coming out. Mine was overflow. I rushed to the toilet and clean it off. I was supposed to be discharge on the 4th day but doctor let me go on the 3rd day. Make sure u asked for 2weeks medications including ur painkillers!! Once at home, REST MORE! Do not overdo urself!! U be weak jn a few days! Eat right, drink water, try to start pumping milk only when u have the energy to do so! For my side, i waited till a week then i start calling my masseuse to have a 2 weeks massage. Trust me... that massage after a week of csection REALLY HELPS ME!! Now i can even get out frm my bed without anyone help! So mummy, the key is mindset! Always have positive mindset! U can go thru tiktok and see all the amazing csection mummies going thru the same! We all are no difference to normal birth mummies! We all go thru the same pain! Heads up mummy! Dont feel scared!!! Enjoy the moment because once they are out, YOU WANT THEM IN UR STOMACH BACK!!! Sending love n hugs mummy! Be strong!! U can do this!!!

Read more
1y ago

My 1st discharge 3 weeks before my emergency c sec was spotting red.. later on the 1st Jan it was brownish. But after cleaing n in labour ward, no discharge. 43weeks i suggest u inform ur gynae.. my discharge was yellowish and alil extra liquid then usual before the brownish discharge shows up. Sometimes its a sign of labour.

I had my elective csect last April at TMC as I wasn't dilated and baby is due, the whole process lasted 15 minutes max. Totally painless! The operating theatre has cheerful music on, the doctor and nurses were casually chatting while taking the baby out, everything happened so quickly and so casually. I was so impressed with the csect procedure, it is the greatest invention ever. Now, please don't worry about and look forward to it and enjoy it! Because it'll be over before you even noticed!

Read more

I feel you mummy! All will be well! At least you are prepared mentally the date is near .. during my 1st born, I was not prepared at all and it’s 3 weeks earlier. Husband cannot be with me as it’s a emergency csect. The fear to close the eyes omg. We are able to hear everything the doctor instruct . Pray everything will go smoothly mummy! Mine will be in a month time to have this anxiety again.. it’s already started actually. Too much thinking:(

Read more

i also actually have phobia towards needles ever since my 1st csect 15 yrs ago but i just had my 2nd csect w kkh during end dec.. trust me this time its so much better.. they improve ALOT liao.. not that painful anymore.. i am so happy because i actually fear for the anesthesia process but now its close to painless.. dont worry so much mummy 😇

Read more
1y ago

i was 38 weeks..

Had emergency c-sect in june last year.. hubs cannot tag along cause its emergency c sect, was also nervous as a ftm but everything done in a flash.. just have to bedrest for 24hrs and start walking after.. **impt note: bring your own binder or purchase from hospital, it really helps for c sect mum recovery and mobility, esp in my case..

Read more

Hi dear u no need to be worried c-section.. I had done 2 times I kkh hospital.. there is very experienced doctors in kkh.. now my third c-section on April .. once they gv u apidural.. even u can’t feel anything.. good luck my dear bless and ur baby

hi c,sect mmy ..just to.share ny happiness with u ..as said my edd was 22122022 ..but end uh csect was done ..bby n me was save in the operation theatre on 140123 .bby was 43plus 3 weeks

Post reply image