Bringing breast pump to hospital

Hello, I’m giving birth at KKH under private. Is there a need to pack breast pump into hospital bag? Some mums say yes, some say no. Those who brought your breast pump, did you get to use it? Thank you :) #firsttimemom

10 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hi, i just delivered at KKH under private too. didnt bring breastpump as I don't have milk yet. Nurses keep encouraging skin to skin & teaching me how to latch baby. keep checking if my boobs have any milk. and 2nd day they ask if i want to use their electric pump, i declined, they won't force either. My milk only started coming in when i'm home on 3rd day after delivery.

Read more

i brought my own breast pump for the lactation nurse there to see if the flange size matches my nipple size . also, cause my bb refuses to latch, I was using my electric pump while staying there

Didn't bring pump to hospital as my milk supply only started coming when I got back home, on my 4th day for my firstborn and 2nd day for my 2nd child.

I’m under Gleneagles. The nurses will bring my baby in every 2-3 hours for latching. So for me, no nid to bring breast pump

there will be a one time charge if u use their pump. if not u can bring ur own pump and they can help steriize

Mine was TMC, I did use it through out but the amount is pathetic. Hand express will do 😂.

kkh will provide pump and will teach u how to do a proper pump, be it machine or manual.

Im giving birth there too in few weeks time and bringing along incase i need it

Thank you everyone for your replies!! :)

KKH will provide electrical pump