SGH / KKH

Gave birth to my first child in KKH. just found out i have autoimmune disease and Dr gave me an option to change to SGH as they have treatment there. Anyone gave birth in SGH? can u share how was your experience there?

1 Reply
 profile icon
Write a reply

I give birth to my girl in sgh. Was transferred from mount A at week34 due to pre eclampsia . I was warded 2 weeks before I give birth at wk36. As my baby will be a preemie, the gynae understand my concern /anxiety and got a pd to speak to me to answer all my questions before I agree on the induce date. And when I’m having contraction in the ward (no dilation), the nurse help me to call the labour ward so that I could go there ASAP (although I’m only allowed in labour ward when I started dilating etc) . And bcos of epidural, I couldn’t really push my baby out. This gynae & other nurses helped me to “push” my baby out instead of opting for vacuum as he wants to avoid vacuum as my girl is less than 2kg. All these changes my husband and I perception of a restructured hospital & im so grateful for the gynae. Hence, I would even consider going back to sgh for #2, Tip: choose class c ward if u are gg for subsidied. They do not actually have a class c ward, hence you will be in b2 ward (6pax, aircon) if you are keen!

Read more