When to go delivery suite

FTM here. Still in 2nd trim but wondering what do we do when we’re starting to feel signs of labour. Either contractions, water break or blood with mucus, or all, do we rush to the hospital (KKH) or we can take our time to prepare things and have a quick meal? #advicepls #firstbaby

8 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

here are some symptoms that I had... the day before labour, i had diarrhoea. I have to dump like 5 -6 times the previous day. Insomnia, i just could sleep due to the pain at my tailbone area. every position was very uncomfortable. thn the next day, mucus plug. which ended up with bloody show, mucus + blood around evening time. and thn INTENSE FEELING OF PASSING MOTION. this time i keep gg back and forth the toilet, but nothing came out. than contraction started. Basically, contractions feel like menses cramp but it doesn't go away. so tht when u measure the time gap between each contraction. it will get closer and when it about 5-10mins apart. u can slowly make ur way to the hospital. word of advice, dont be anxious, just relax, stay calm and breathe~~. Turns out, the "push" that u had to do during labour feel exactly like having constipation.

Read more

It depends on individual. I have known some people whereby after all of the above happened, they still got time to bath, breakfast/lunch then go to delivery suite 😅 While some people after contractions and waterbag break, they straight go to labour. Usually for first pregnany will take long, but it depends on individual. Just do your contractions count and upon arrival at suite, you update nurse/doctor. At this point also, my advice would be to have your hospital bag ready from 37 weeks onwards. Let your spouse know and grab go whenever you need to go labour.

Read more

As per my experience, if you are in early labor (like having contractions which are far apart) then stay at home and monitor the contractions until they are very close and happen very frequently. Except when water breaks, then straight rush to hospital. That is what my gynae advised and in my case my water broke and that is when I got admitted

Read more

Hi , from my previous experience, my gynae told me to go to hospital if contraction is 5 mins apart. But for me , my water bag broke at home. So if your water bag break at home you can start to prepare and go to delivery suite k. Don’t forget your documents and bag.

Time and see how frequent is the contractions. You can download an app to count that. Usually even after contractions labour won’t be so quick too. So best to monitor and observe first. You can also find out from your Gynae :)

Actually my gynae told me during my first pregnancy that when i c blood, i dont necessarily need to go hosp yet coz it could happen up to weeks. So when i started seeing blood it really took like a wk or so.

11mo ago

Sorry for the late response. It wasnt heavy. It started wif brown blood for a week then it got red. I didnt time anyting coz i went hosp only coz my hb worried i give birth in his car n he cant reach hosp on time. There was one night my tailbone started hurting badly that i couldnt sleep. So i was walking around my room. It was painful till somehow i fell aslp. The next day midnight same ting happen just that i couldnt get to sleep at all. Thats when my hb say to go hosp 😆

1. Contraction frequency 5-10mins apart 2. Waterbag burst - i gave birth 30mins after waterbag burst 3. Large amount of blood w mucus

check with your gynae. he or she should have a plan which will be shared with you closer to edd, don't worry.