Breastmilk

Hi FTM, I am planning to stop breast milk after 1 month. Most people said need minimum 6 months. But I feel so depress to pump every 3 hours and feeling so tired . I cant have enough sleep. Anyone experiencing this kind of feeling? After giving birth I keep crying as well literally everyday. I feel so overwhelmed, sad, and dont know how to take care my baby after my Confinement end.#advicepls #firsttimemom #FTM

12 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

There isn’t a minimum and maximum. Of course best is breastmilk but formula milk is fine too. I grew up being fed formula only as my mum has no milk supply and I am very healthy!! So don’t feel guilty and you can always bond with your child in other ways, not just breastfeeding! Have you considered latching? If you can latch baby, just cut some slack in your pumping frequency. Eventually your supply will match the demand. Mine took some time (4-5 months). I diligently take supplements and lactation inducing food to keep supply up which helped. I also couldn’t take 3h pumping schedule and idk how other mums do it honestly! So I didn’t do that. I only did 1 pump, max 2 sessions daily in the beginning. Once supply established, I depend on latching mostly.

Read more