Breastmilk

Hi FTM, I am planning to stop breast milk after 1 month. Most people said need minimum 6 months. But I feel so depress to pump every 3 hours and feeling so tired . I cant have enough sleep. Anyone experiencing this kind of feeling? After giving birth I keep crying as well literally everyday. I feel so overwhelmed, sad, and dont know how to take care my baby after my Confinement end.#advicepls #firsttimemom #FTM

12 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I started exclusive pumping right from the start and stopped at 2 weeks as baby was at Nicu from the start for the first 4 days. I am on a urine bag for 5 weeks so far (still on it). it was depressing, tiring and i tried to be up every 3 to 4 hours but my breasts were engorged. plus my medicines gave me constipation for 5 days and my pelvic was so sore that it wasn't helping my muscles recover to be out of the urine bag as well. I decided to take the medicine to stop my supply. its not something that I wanted. but it did help me a lot. I'm still tired waking up every 2 hrs plus to feed baby with formula, burping etc. Your health comes first. It's okay to formula feed if it takes a toll on you.

Read more