Breastmilk

Hi FTM, I am planning to stop breast milk after 1 month. Most people said need minimum 6 months. But I feel so depress to pump every 3 hours and feeling so tired . I cant have enough sleep. Anyone experiencing this kind of feeling? After giving birth I keep crying as well literally everyday. I feel so overwhelmed, sad, and dont know how to take care my baby after my Confinement end.#advicepls #firsttimemom #FTM

12 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

If you have good supply of milk do continue to give your LO breastmilk. Definitely, I can assure you will miss the bond between you and LO. Can't deny that it can be tiring to pump every few hours and even at night. But if let say you do not wish to pump, you can direct latch baby till LO is full. If you wish to stop breast milk, mind you that you still have to continue pumping to avoid engorgement, mastitis, etc. As first time mum, you can always seek advice from experience mum, take in what's good and then you decide. Sometimes follow mother instinct and you do what suits your LO. It requires trial and error. Not easy at all. I had my downfall eventhough I have helping hand. Because my LO was so clingy with me. Latch every 15 mins and still not enough. Every night , every 3 hrs wake up for milk. It requires us, as first time parents to better manage time,learn the pattern of our child and try to balance where possible. Also to get helping support esp from spouse. If you rest in the day, then he help at night. If he rest in the day, then you help at night. This may or may not work for you but it will help you better heal yourself, understanding and managing your LO.

Read more
1y ago

You may reduce your pump session but it will take time for some mummies esp if you have a pretty good supply of milk. It is definitely not overnight. You can also give FM and lessen on BM for your LO. Other tips you may try to google or do research or ask on other platform. You may get people trynna push you to feed your milk lessen but end day it is your choice and ensuring you do not have engorgement, etc. Take care and dont ever feel guilty as youve done your best as a mum ❤❤