Eating chips during pregnancy

FTM and I just ate some cheezels cos I was craving for it. Feel awfully bad about it now as I’m afraid it might harm the baby. Any mums snacked on junk foods during pregnancy? Is it safe?

16 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
Super Mum

Hi mama! You’re not alone! Been there, done that (and it wasn’t just once too). Important thing to note is that you don’t do it everyday and treat it as ‘sometimes’ food. I’m sure you already know it’s empty calories so it’s not gonna do anything for nutrition, but sometimes, you just gotta have it! No guilt there love, just being human. Hugs to you and kudos for loving yourself through Cheezels today :) no it’s not going to harm baby :)

Read more
3y ago

Thanks so much! 😍 was feeling quite guilty.

During my pregnancy i snack alot! my 3rd trimester.. haiz.. everynighy need mcdonalds. hahaha.. i drink soft drinks alot too. well.. i know consume in moderation but.. i dont want to think so much so i just eat. Durian season summore😭😭 How can i not eat right!! So i eat😝😝 towards my last few weeks everyday. Baby came out healthy at 3kg. Actually i scared also but.. i cant make myself sad. haha...

Read more

I was sooo nervous when I first read your post! Cos I also snacked on Cheezels and still have many mini packets of Cheezels in my kitchen. Even told my husband I'm never eating them again, I need to repent. Now that I see the many replies to this thread, I feel sooo relieved and less guilty hahaha. Gosh, the amount of stress and self-doubt we have to go through as FTM! 😅

Read more

I snack on junk food all the time during pregnancy. But careful on anything sugary, can cause GD! I’m more of a sweet tooth, so I hardly snack on chips. But I did quite a lot while pregnant cause I crave for cheese a lot. So I ate a lot of tortilla chips with cheese dips 😂 I can lick the cheese dips bottles clean!

Read more

Yes I do sometimes, more often in 3rd tri! Appetite increased even though gets full v easily. Don't worry abt it as long as u consume other healthy food and keep up with the supplements. The harm is probably on the mother herself as tt contributes to unwanted weight gain😅

I don’t see any problem with eating snacks/tibits/junk food. They won’t harm your baby except maybe make you gain weight🤣. The risky food should be raw food? As there might be E. coli or salmonella and that’s not good for baby and yourself.

It's normal to want to snack, especially when you get more hungry as the weeks progress. As long as you are still having proper and wholesome meals, I think having some indulgence a few times a week is fine. Most importantly if it keeps you happy!

I’ve been eating lots of junk food from 1st tri till now (gonna give birth in 2 weeks time) but I don’t feel guilty at all 🤭

VIP Member

In moderation is fine I suppose. It's not gonna hurt your baby but instead not recommended for you own health.

I’ve been snacking on junk food quite often. On week 36 now so far baby is fine.