Paediatrician

Hi ftm here. After giving birth hosp only got us to bring baby to polyclinic to check jaundice. Subsequently also for vaccinations. I have been seeing many parents talking about bringing baby to PD if baby unwell. Isit a mus to bring baby to pd or can go for general practitioner or go polyclinic. May i know how do i go about it? Where do i find PD? In a hosp? and the cost isit like a private rate or something? Thanks in advance.

9 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

my opinion is PD have all the delicated medicine catered to newborn that Polyclinic may not have. my baby is 1 months old. gone to polyclinic for vacination and development checks told doctor baby vomited, baby keep crying, baby have phlegm when she vomit. nothing was given. they mention it like that it normal acid reflux just endure and swaddle baby. I go for PD that I engage during birth at TMC. PD check and give probiotics and ridwind for newborn. baby still cry but is much better now. that the difference. not the polyclinic is not good. but if u worried if u are unsure go to PD. more professional and they have medicine for newborn if needed that Family clinic or GP don have. young kid and newborn medicine are different.

Read more