NUH facilities

#firstbaby Hi All, im currently with NUH as a subsidised patient. Am planning to upgrade to an A ward single bedder when i give birth because my husband works odd hours and may be just as exhausted as I am. Has anyone given birth recently any reviews on what their single bedder wards are like and what should we expect to bring in our hospital bag? Thank you!!#advicepls #1stimemom

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I stayed at their A1 ward last year. Big enough room with a long sofa (which your husband can sleep in), and private toilet. Couldn’t hear other baby’s cries except when the door is opened. A nice quiet room for you to rest and recover. Pack light as they will give you maternity pads & underwear, baby NB diapers and wet wipes. Just bring an extra set of clothes (for you & baby, and swaddle) for going home. Toiletries if you want but they provide them too. Don’t forget socks as it can get pretty cold in the room at night. They will usually give you a list on what to pack, so just follow accordingly :)

Read more

I didn’t stay at the single bedder. However, during my stay, they provided pampers and formula (if needed) for the baby. They also provided me with maternity pads and disposable undies. In your hospital bag, should include your clothes, baby’s clothes! Pump, optional. But good to bring, so u can ask the LC to teach u how to use.

Read more

Some sort like the delivery suite except with a long sofa and a slightly bigger room. But do take note when you upgrade to ward A, you'll no longer be a subsidised patient and all your checkups & your baby's will be considered as private.