Any risk getting preg 4months after birth

Hi fellow mummies, anyone experience or have any knowledge on whether there's risk involved if pregnancies have short gaps? I just gave birth naturally on 7th June & afraid to be preg again. I read online that there's risk involved such as higher risk of premature baby & low birth rate or even other diseases. I'm not so concernedabout myself but my baby if I really do get preg again... Docs also usually advise not getting preg until about 1-2years later however when I did teleconsulation to get "morning after pills" , the doc say there's no risk for short gap pregnancies.. Who & what should I listen.. #adviceplease

1 Reply
 profile icon
Write a reply

If you are pregnant again and would like to check with doctor, best would be to visit doctor and seek advice. I had my sister who went through C section for the 3rd and 4th child. Her kids are both 11 months apart. My sister conceive quite near to each child. Nearing to 3rd tri she did have some pain on her old stitches. In the labour, the find out the previous stitches was about to open. Hence, my sister always feel pain and tingling itchy. She was advice for the 4th to do VBAC unfortunately it was cancel due to this issue. All in all, she did get advise from doctor pertaining this and she did not terminate her 4th child.

Read more